Making Plans For Your Party? If Your Plans Include Alcoholic Beverages – Know The Risks!
KNOW THE RISKS “BEFORE” YOU DRINK
First, the most important fact about alcohol is – it’s the most damaging substance you can consume for your body – and second, do you “really” need alcohol to have a good time? NO!But, if you think you do – please read on and know the facts and risks of alcohol…
Here are some important facts about alcohol that you may have missed – although the following are true, you’ll never find them written on the side of that booze bottle or can:
- FACT – Alcohol is a “drug”, it’s a depressant, and on the very first sip it’s in your blood system within 6 seconds going straight to the brain.
- Depressants slow your body’s thinking and motor skills-your reaction time…two major things needed to be a safe driver.
- Too much alcohol, or binge drinking is very toxic to the body, similar to over-dosing, causing blood poisoning – possible brain damage – possible death.
- If you’re taking other drugs for health reasons and then drink an alcoholic beverage then you’re mixing drugs and this will magnify the effects of alcohol in your body. (Even cold medication)
|Risks that can affect your future and that of others|
- Alcohol is the legal drug if you’re over 21yrs. of age, and, it’s very addictive – tolerance builds, your body craves more and more to satisfy it. That’s what addiction is all about!
- The earlier you start drinking the earlier cases of heart and liver disease. Doctors are seeing earlier cases of heart attacks – especially if you’re a smoker too.